Error Win 7 Ent: SQL Server does not exist or access denied

Web based, multi-user, Telephone Management System with budget management and barring control

Moderators: Leon van Heerden, Luanda_Junzi, Belinda Frick, Lee Hendricks

Error Win 7 Ent: SQL Server does not exist or access denied

Postby nickyn@atio.co.za » Thu May 17, 2012 4:27 pm

Hi,

I am trying to install TNGLive with Microsoft Lync on the Windows 7 Enterprise machine,
But I am getting this error on TNGlync logs " ADOConnect: ErrorsOccured: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
[2012-05-17 16:10:02.005] Version [1.1.0.15] ERROR trying to connect to DB:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or access denied"

- I can ping the SQL server from the windows 7 PC and If I logged in to the SQL server I can open the studio with the same account I am logged in to the PC with.

My .ado files looks like : Driver={SQL Server};Server=mydbserver;Database=LcsCDR;Trusted_Connection=yes

Please advise.

N
nickyn@atio.co.za

Re: Error Win 7 Ent: SQL Server does not exist or access den

Postby Leon van Heerden » Mon May 21, 2012 10:10 am

Hi,
First step will be to establish if you can access the database from this Windows 7 PC using standard Microsoft utilities. Try to install the Microsoft SQL Client and see if you can then access the database normally using the correct user.
This may even install an updated ODBC driver that might assist.

You have checked that the TNG Lync service is running as the user that has the correct access on the Lync Database.
----
Leon van Heerden
http://www.datatex.co.za
Leon van Heerden

Return to TNG