Reports empty

Web based, multi-user, Telephone Management System with budget management and barring control

Moderators: Leon van Heerden, Luanda_Junzi, Belinda Frick, Lee Hendricks

Reports empty

Postby cyberkoos » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:49 pm

I have TNG connected to a Convergence 30. The data is showing in the call list with all the information appearing to be correct.
When I compile any report, it comes up with no data. What am I doing wrong?
cyberkoos

Re: Reports empty

Postby Belinda Frick » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:21 pm

Please refer to forum post:
My report result is empty/blank/no calls
Belinda Frick

Postby cyberkoos » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:13 pm

Thanks Belinda but this does not solve my problem at all. I get data through the buffer into the call list. It displays everything OK.

Date and time of the PABX and PC are correct. But still any report that I request has no call data in it. Any other ideas?
cyberkoos

Postby Odette Danster » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:28 am

Please check the date and time selection on the report. The time range must have values (e.g. 00:00:00 - 23:59:59)

Click on link below to access forum post explaining the date/time ranges:

TNG does not show all calls when pulling reports

Ensure that TNG has call data for the selected period. Navigate to the Export folder in the TNG directory (C:\Program Files\Datatex\TNG\Export)

Should there not be any export files for that period, please check the logs for possible errors and also check if there is any raw.txt files within the logs folder which can be re-imported.
Odette Danster

Postby cyberkoos » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:37 am

There is nothing in (C:\Program Files\Datatex\TNG\Export) and there is no raw.txt in the log files. There are just dated folders with tng.txt in them with no call data. The problem is not with date and time ranges. Any other ideas.

Odette Danster wrote:Please check the date and time selection on the report. The time range must have values (e.g. 00:00:00 - 23:59:59)

Click on link below to access forum post explaining the date/time ranges:

TNG does not show all calls when pulling reports

Ensure that TNG has call data for the selected period. Navigate to the Export folder in the TNG directory (C:\Program Files\Datatex\TNG\Export)

Should there not be any export files for that period, please check the logs for possible errors and also check if there is any raw.txt files within the logs folder which can be re-imported.
cyberkoos

Postby Leon van Heerden » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:59 am

Hi,
If you go the Live View, can you click on one of the Extensions or Numbers that is a link, check if it generates a report for the current day. If this works, that the reports should work as well. You will see the date at the top of the report. There is a date on the left and right.

Left:
Code: Select all
Dates Selected
2012-07-04 00:00:00 - 2012-07-04 23:59:59 (Daily Interval  -  Today)   

Right
Code: Select all
Printed by TNG from Datatex Dynamics CC
2012-07-04 11:56:00

If you are running a TNGLive, you will not be able to run a report older than 35 days, if it is not activated. Also in live mode, the export of Raw data and export files are disabled. (Your TNG header will have the word "LIVE" next to it at the top of the page and some Icons will have a Lock icon on it if it is in free mode).

If the current data is on the Live View Screen, it means that the system is receiving data at least. We just need to find out why the reports is not working.

When you run a report, what date range do you select?
Does the report come up blank or does it come up with all the headers and no data?
----
Leon van Heerden
http://www.datatex.co.za
Leon van Heerden

Postby cyberkoos » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:23 am

tng_report.jpg

Hi Leon

I clicked on the topmost extension number in the the live view and it comes up like above. The same when I draw a report from reports. I used today's date.

Any take on this?

Kobus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cyberkoos

Postby Leon van Heerden » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:02 pm

Hi,
Can you post the live view screen? I think the date format is the issue.
The report should have shown all the calls for that extension for today.

The date format is supposed to be YYYY/MM/DD, so if you pull a report for 2012 Dec 07 and see your calls for today, this will explain the problem, the day and month is detected the wrong way around. Today would be the last day of this month that this would happen. Tomorrow it is the 13th and if the month and day is the issue, tomorrow the report should work correct. The plugin can figure out that the date is wrong from the 13th on wards, but not before then.

If this is the case, you must have the PBX configuration changed to have the correct format.
----
Leon van Heerden
http://www.datatex.co.za
Leon van Heerden

Postby cyberkoos » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:02 pm

Hi Leon

The plot thickens. TNG displays the date as 2001-07-13 and the raw data from the Convergence30 displays the date as 13/07/12. I have also used the BT Versatility file (it is the same PABX). I cannot change the PABX date format. What do I do now? Any suggestions?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cyberkoos

Postby Odette Danster » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:27 pm

Hi,

Please capture rawdata files using Putty or Hyperterminal and attach the rawdata file (normally saved as text).

Also check and confirm the current date format of your PABX. Is it set to send off the year?
If date format send no year, then the date and time of TNG host PC/server will be used. Ensure that the date and time is correct on the host pc.

We need the rawdata files to upload into our test TNG server to check if the plugin is translating the call data correctly. The plugin date format will also be checked.

Thanking you in advance.
Odette Danster

Next

Return to TNG