Duplicate records in reports when using Speed dials

Web based, multi-user, Telephone Management System with budget management and barring control

Moderators: Leon van Heerden, Luanda_Junzi, Belinda Frick, Lee Hendricks

Re: Duplicate records in reports when using Speed dials

Postby John Richard Procter » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:07 pm

We used your raw data and rules.ini in our TNG with the Topazplugin to read the data.

The forum post TNG Asterisk and speeddials did not include the step where you must stop/start the tng deamon after you added the 'rules.ini' file to the folder 'opt/datatex/tng/plugins'. I have added it now.

Please make sure the rules.ini is in the correct folder and then stop start the tng deamon.

See forum post:
How do I stop and start the TNG service on LINUX?
John Richard Procter

Postby ray007mond » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:25 pm

TNG has been restarted since the rules.ini was changed.
The entire server has been restarted since the last change to rules.ini as well
ray007mond

Postby Belinda Frick » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:57 pm

We setup a test simulation to try and duplicate your issue. We used the standard TNG for Windows with your export strings to import into TNG with your 'rules.ini' file. The rule deleted the calls for trunks starting with 'Local'. This testing was done with the latest version of TNG.

We then installed TNG version 1.0.6.6 (as per your TNG version specifications) and not all the calls loaded as per previous test.

TNG Version 1.0.6.6 was already released 01 December 2009. To see release notes since then refer to forum post - Release notes: version 1.0.6.7 to 1.0.7.6

If your subscription is up to date I will suggest upgrading to the latest version of TNG for Asterisk - refer to forum post: TNG for Asterisk version 1.0.7.7 upgrade
Belinda Frick

Postby ray007mond » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:44 pm

I have upgraded to version 1.0.7.7 as requested.
The reports are still showing the duplicate records. (two examples attached)

Is there any post-upgrade steps I need to perform to fix the "old" data?

You will also notice, from the attached examples, that the record which has been costed (has a rand value associated with the call) is not associated with any user. And the record which contain the user info has no cost.

My concern is that once we remove the duplication we will either lose the record containing the cost for calls or lose the record which has the user association.
This client uses the "User Detail Report" much more than the "Extension Detail Report" so we do need to find a solution that does not delete/hide the record which contains the user name, yet we cannot lose the record which contains the call cost.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ray007mond

Postby Belinda Frick » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:35 am

• The calls already loaded into TNG cannot be changed. The plugin rule is only executed when the call is loaded into TNG.

• Does the calls loaded after you implemented the plugin rule (stopped/started the TNG deamon), still duplicate the speed dials?

If so, the only difference between your data and the standard examples in the post, I pointed out to you previously. Can you please double check that your Asterisk output is as per our output configuration.

There is not much else to check. Next step would be a remote call out, which is billable. We will require access to the Asterisk server and TNG webadmin.

• For TNG to show a user name, it must receive a pin code from Asterisk for that call. Please see forum post: TNG for Asterisk and user names for extensions/pin codes

NOTE: If no pin codes is used, then the extension name will be displayed. If no extension was configured, then it will display 'PLEASE ADD'. If a pin code was used, but not configured it will show 'PLEASE ADD USER'.

• For a call to show a cost, it must:
    • be outgoing
    • have a duration
    • have a telephone number (to calculate if local, national, international, etc. call)

The information must be provided by Asterisk for us to be able to cost the call. If the call has this information and you have costing problems. Do a test cost calculation to see if you get a cost. If not, it can be a problem with the area configuration under general settings or the default ratebook you selected (used to build the exchange file to do the lookups of telephone numbers).

Why is my outgoing calls costed at zero?

In our example both calls had a duration, but one was an internal call.
Belinda Frick

Postby ray007mond » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:51 pm

It seems the duplication has been fixed after the upgrade.

The pin codes have been set up in TNG correctly (according to document) Calls made WITHOUT using speed dials DO reflect usernames as expected.

From my previous post showing duplicate examples from TNG report you can also see that one of the "duplicate" records does have the user account listed.
This shows that PIN codes have been configured correctly in TNG and is working but as I suspected the record which is now shown in the reports (after we fixed the problem with duplication) is the record which does not have any user association.

To summarize...The client uses speed dials for SOME numbers and pin codes for ALL outbound calls. Calls made using speed dials were reflecting as duplicated (two entries in reports)- we have now fixed this. However the record which remains and is displayed in reports does not have any user associated with it. Users always use pin codes for outbound calls so all outbound answered calls should have a user displayed.

I have attached a few "normal"/non-speed dials calls from the report.
Normal calls.jpg

I then also attached some calls which were made using speed dials which have no user attached.
Speed dial calls with no user.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ray007mond

Postby Belinda Frick » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:02 pm

To show a user name, TNG must receive a pin code. This pin code must be configured with the user name under 'Configure Users'.

If you go to the Call List page and make a pin code call. If a pin code was received and it is not configured in TNG, it will show 'PLEASE ADD USER' in the User column. You should not have an entry in the 'Account Code' column, else the configuration is incorrect.

The receive a pin code in TNG for Asterisk see configuration required in post - TNG 4*: no result for user reports

TNG hides the pin code, to prevent abuse. You can only see it on the 'User Configuration' screen and the 'User Listing' Report.

If a call was made with a pin code and that code is not configured in TNG, it will check if the extension has a description configured for it - if so, it will display this name. If the extension is not configured it will display 'PLEASE ADD'.
Belinda Frick

Postby ray007mond » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:05 pm

I am not sure what exactly you want me to do.

ALL outbound calls require PIN codes.
The pin codes are being recorded in Asterisk CDR.
Pin codes have been configured in TNG
ALL call made without speed dials are shown correctly (as per user/pin relationship configured in TNG)
Only calls made using speed dials are not displaying the user name (which has been set up in TNG)

Before the duplicate speed dial record was removed one of the entries did have the user listed. The record which is being removed/ignored/deleted is the record which had the user(pin code) entry.
ray007mond

Postby Belinda Frick » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:34 am

Can you please send me the following files:

• Rawdata:
    Code: Select all
    /opt/datatex/tng/logs/20120827/raw.txt

• TNG Export file:
    /opt/datatex/tng/export/20120827.txt

• I also want to look at the user configuration, the file location:
    /opt/datatex/tng/data/tngusers.dat

Where did you find the 'raw_extract.txt' information from?
Belinda Frick

Postby ray007mond » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:10 am

Please find required files attached.
The "raw_extract.txt" is a few lines I took out of raw.txt
ray007mond

PreviousNext

Return to TNG