TNG Integration with LMS

Web based, multi-user, Telephone Management System with budget management and barring control

Moderators: Leon van Heerden, Luanda_Junzi, Belinda Frick, Lee Hendricks

TNG Integration with LMS

Postby pappachanphilip » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:22 am

Hi,
I Send Expot file to a client for LMS Integraton.
but the client is asking following questions.
Can you please also assist with the following?

1. What is the file name you export from the telephone system that we will import into LMS?
2. There is a cost field which we will import as the amount for the telephone call, is that the amount the client wants to charge or the actual cost of the call? Does this include VAT or not?
3. Have you imported all the client codes from LMS into your telephone system?
4.There are 26 fields on the spec sheet and 28 in the file.

any solution please

Regards
pappachanphilip

Re: TNG Integration with LMS

Postby Belinda Frick » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:04 pm

TNG has 2 export options - either to TCP port or written to a file, both with the same output format - for more details see forum post:
TNG EXPORT FORMAT

1. From TNG version 1.0.6.0 onwards for Windows version the file path is:
    C:\Program Files\datatex\tng\export\{yyyymmdd.txt}

NOTE: This file is in our standard output format. You need to do your own integration to convert this to your LMS format for import.

2. The 'cost' is according to the ratebook selected for the trunk/line on which the call took place. To see the ratebooks in use, go to 'Trunk Line Settings'. If only the default ratebook is displayed then this is the only costing in use.

The 'cost' field is VAT included. You can test this by comparing the TNG report to the value in the Export folder for the same call record.

3. I am not sure what your definition of client codes are: TNG has the facility to import 'account codes' and 'pin codes'. Pin codes is the code used to allow you to dial out and account codes is the code used to identiffy a call made. NOTE: The availability of these codes is dependent on the PABX model's functionality. TNG simply uses what it receives from the PABX as call details.

4. Yes, the export file has 2 additional fields. You will not require this for integration.

Code: Select all
    1|2012/10/25 06:00:00|210|Please Add||Not Set|INCOMING||INCOMING|I|13:00:00|325701|I_UNKNOWN_6771|0|N|0||0||0||Please Add||za_telkom|Other|021|0||
    2|2012/10/25 06:00:00|9|Please Add||Not Set|INCOMING||INCOMING|I|01:00:00|329701|I_UNKNOWN_6811|0|N|0||0||0||Please Add||za_telkom|Other|021|0||
    The last 2 fields after 'Branch code' has the value '0' and blank ('0||').
Belinda Frick

Return to TNG