New Custom Ratebook for TNG for Asterisk

Web based, multi-user, Telephone Management System with budget management and barring control

Moderators: Leon van Heerden, Luanda_Junzi, Belinda Frick, Lee Hendricks

New Custom Ratebook for TNG for Asterisk

Postby vpnt001 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:36 pm

Hi Support

I need to import a custom ratebook the Zone thing does not work for me,
I have 27 000 destinations in the rate file, I can not lookup the zone for each and every operator

My rate file looks like this below, and is listed per minute but is billed per second.

Zone :: Prefix :: Cost per min
Sweden - Mobile Comviq '467285 R1.21695
Sweden - Mobile Comviq '467284 R1.21695
Sweden - Mobile Comviq '467283 R1.21695
Sweden - Mobile Telia '467280 R1.22493
Sweden - Mobile Others '467278 R1.25286
Sweden - Mobile Others '467277 R1.25286
Sweden - Mobile Others '467276 R.25286

Attached find rate file in csv format, I can give you this in XML as well

Thanks
Jaco
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vpnt001

Re: New Custom Ratebook for TNG for Asterisk

Postby vpnt001 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:42 pm

any update on this ?
vpnt001

Postby Odette Danster » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:19 pm

Dear Jaco

TNG has a custom rates option for you to create and maintain your own rate files. In some cases services providers gives a discount per client for a ratebook and therefore costing can differ on the same rate packages between clients. Datatex cannot cater for this. For Datatex to schedule and configure the rates need at least 8 weeks.

NOTE: We need to schedule this and the time cannot be fixed. It also depends how complicated the rates are. If it is for a new service provider that will replace an existing one, we need to build a new rate system and not just a ratebook.

For information required to setup custom rates and that you are not dependant on Datatex to provide a ratebook for each service provider that is available, please refer to forum post:
What is the requirements to setup TNG rates for my country?

Selecting your service provider in TNG:

Each service provider has their own 'exchange' file to determine if a call is local, national, international, etc. You need to use the ratebook for your service provider as basis for creating your own custom ratebook.

Once you have selected this ratebook and configured your TNG (area information) accordingly you can setup the custom ratebook. For custom ratebook configuration see forum post: TNG Custom Rate Configuration and Format

Please Note: Our custom ratebook includes a feature where you can use a default cost for all zones not specified - see forum post: Re: Zones to use for TNG and Custom rates

Ratebooks already available in TNG:

The rate books available will depend on the TNG version you are running. Please refer to post: Which ratebooks does TNG have?
Odette Danster

Postby vpnt001 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:17 am

Thanks for the reply Odette,

It looks like TNG does not cater for our requirement.
vpnt001

Return to TNG