TNGLive Via Network, connection problems

Web based, multi-user, Telephone Management System with budget management and barring control

Moderators: Leon van Heerden, Luanda_Junzi, Belinda Frick, Lee Hendricks

Re: TNGLive Via Network, connection problems

Postby culrich » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:48 am

Hi Belinda

Call data is in the Call list, but there is no raw.txt file.

Can you send me a link to the TNG version 1.1.1.11 as the website says I have the latest version, see attached.

Regards
Carl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
culrich

Postby Belinda Frick » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:01 pm

I have posted the link for TNGLive version 1.1.1.11in this post already, please refer to link:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3250#p3980

You must be on the latest version - which is 1.1.1.11.
Belinda Frick

Postby culrich » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:07 pm

Hi Belinda

I have upgraded to 1.1.1.11, I am still getting the same problem with the calls being logged with out the 0 in front and no raw.txt

regards
Carl
culrich

Postby Belinda Frick » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:23 pm

Please provide me with

1. the 'raw.txt' file,
  2. aswell as the 'rules.ini' file in the plugins folder:
    Code: Select all
    C:\Program Files\Datatex\tng\plugins

You will need to zip/rar it to attach to the post.
Belinda Frick

Postby culrich » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:52 pm

Hi Belinda

As I mentioned before the raw.txt is not there. The TNG console is showing call activity but no raw.txt file is created.

Attached is the rules.ini

Thanks
Carl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
culrich

Postby Belinda Frick » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:20 pm

If TNG shows call details on the Call List page, then it is receiving call details.
If you set logging of rawdata to PERMANENT, then is should log the same call details in raw data format to the raw.txt file in the logs folder for that day.

Please check that log rawdata is set to permanent as explained in forum post:
How do I enable logging of rawdata?

After enabled, it should then start logging the raw data to the raw.txt file in the logs folder.
Belinda Frick

Postby culrich » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:42 am

Hi Belinda

This is the problem I have, And I have reinstalled the application on a completely different machine as well.

Regards Carl
culrich

Postby Belinda Frick » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:34 pm

Let's not uninstall and re-install, else I can't keep up with all the variables and changes since original issue logged.

Currently you receive call details on the call list page, it does not create a 'raw.txt' file. Is this correct?

We need the raw.txt file to trace your query regarding telephone numbers.

You must enable the setting 'log rawdata to raw.txt' option under 'Communication Configuration' to PERMANENT from the drop-down. Remember to click on APPLY to save the setting.

You should have entries in the raw.txt file for all calls made after the setting was applied. If not please check if you can create a file in logs folder and then try to edit it by saving entry added.

You can also check the tng.log file for any error messages.
Belinda Frick

Postby culrich » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:55 am

Hi Belinda

I didn't uninstall and reinstall, I just installed the software again on another machine to see if it was my machine causing the problem.

That is correct, TNG web console is logging the calls but no Raw file is created, and the setting is set to Permanent.

I have checked the permissions on the folder and it looks like it doesn't have the permissions to write the RAW file. I have given the Everyone group full permission on the Datatex folder to ease the troubleshooting and I am able to create a text document manually but the RAW file is still not being created.

I have disabled the logging of RAW.txt and set it to permanent again and also restarted the service after the permission change.
Still no luck.

tng.log file shows no errors at all.
culrich

Postby Belinda Frick » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:36 pm

Are using TNGLive in Free mode?

On the Home page, some of the icons will have a 'lock' on it to show the features are limited. If so, it is the TNGLive Free version. How do I check which version of TNG I have?

TNGLive Free version will not log rawdata - one of the limited features.

We need rawdata to see what the issue with the telephone numbers are.

Please use something like Putty to connect to the IP and port of the PABX, when the TNG services is stopped, and then log some rawdata. To enable putty to log rawdata see scenario 3 in forum post:
No call records loading,but the TNG buffer is connected
Belinda Frick

PreviousNext

Return to TNG