TNG - Windows Server 8

Web based, multi-user, Telephone Management System with budget management and barring control

Moderators: Leon van Heerden, Luanda_Junzi, Belinda Frick, Lee Hendricks

TNG - Windows Server 8

Postby theu » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:44 am

When installing the TNG buffer on Windows Server 8 64 bit, the buffer installs as a USB Serial Converter.
When trying to manually update the installed USB Serial Converter driver to Windows 8 64bit, the response is the correct driver is already installed. The same happens when uninstalling and reinstalling the buffer.
Even when programming the buffer with the FTDI Tool, it makes no difference.
The buffer installs correctly on standard Windows 8.1
theu

Re: TNG - Windows Server 8

Postby Richardv » Mon May 26, 2014 10:37 am

Hi

It seems I have to keep on resetting Windows Server 2008 R2 ,to see the buffer. If I access the buffer after reset I can access it ok. If I go and check the buffer again it does not see the buffer until we reset.

I am also not able to stop the service, it keeps attempting to do this but does not reset or stop.

Thanks
Richard
Richardv

Re: TNG - Windows Server 8

Postby Belinda Frick » Mon May 26, 2014 12:28 pm

Please check that:

1. powersaving mode is not enabled on all the USB ports, refer to topic:
    My TNG buffer is not being detected

The TNG service must be set to restart:

START -> CONTROL PANEL -> ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS -> SERVICES,
    right-click on TNG service and select PROPERTIES.
    Under the RECOVERY tab set First Failure, Second Failure, Subsequent Failures
    to RESTART THE SERVICE.

2. When the TNG service is stopped, it fushes the database to disk. The time it takes to stop will depend on the size of the database.

If stopping the service times out, then you need to kill TNG.exe under processes. Start the TNG service and see if any errors, if TNG does not startup or allows log in and then gets stuck - the database could be damaged.
Belinda Frick

Return to TNG