Problem with Topaz

All Topaz related discussions

Moderator: Luanda_Junzi

Problem with Topaz

Postby DEBTTEC » Tue May 15, 2012 10:38 am

Good Day

I wonder if you can help, I'm using Topaz everything was going well until today when I tried to pull out a report on the calls that was made yesterday. When I check on the reports Topaz didn't record the calls, I could only get calls up until the 10th we had power failer on the 10th as well as on the 12th but I cant pull out the calls for the 14th please help.

Thanks
DEBTTEC

Re: Problem with Topaz

Postby Odette Danster » Tue May 15, 2012 5:04 pm

Dear Requestor

When data is missing for a time period on reports, it can be caused when the TOPAZ database is damaged. The database can be damaged after a power failure or if the TOPAZ PC was not shutdown properly.

Please click on link below and follow steps in forum post:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2559&p=2575&hilit=missing+data#p2575

Kind Regards
Odette
Odette Danster

Re: Problem with Topaz

Postby Leon van Heerden » Mon May 21, 2012 9:56 am

Can you also check if PABX3 has captured the calls?
The PABX3 saved Rawdata (if it was enabled) in a Rawdata folder.
There is also a PABX.PIP file in the PABX3 folder that gets moved over to the Topaz folder when it is processed.
Check the OldPabxPIP folder for all the processed files that were moved into that folder for the date range in question.(Sort by file date and check if there are files for the date in question.)

If there is Rawdata or PIP files, there was data from the PBX, if the files do not exist, the data didn't come from the PABX. Check one of the files if the date in the file is correct.
We have seen many PBX's lose their date settings during a power failure. Then the calls will have the incorrect date.

These files can be fixed and re-processed.
Fix the date in the Rawdata files (Make a back up of the files; open in a Text Editor;Search and replace) andreprocess the files.
If you only have the PIP files; fix the date in the PIP files (search and replace) and re-process the PIP files.
----
Leon van Heerden
http://www.datatex.co.za
Leon van Heerden

Return to Topaz