How do I add/modify/delete extensions in TNG?

Moderators: Leon van Heerden, Luanda_Junzi, Belinda Frick, Lee Hendricks

How do I add/modify/delete extensions in TNG?

Postby Belinda Frick » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:01 pm

Overview:

This forum explains how to link a extension name to an extension.

If you need to link a user name to a pin code, please see forum post:
    How do I add/modify/delete users in TNG?

There are two methods for adding the extension numbers into the TNG software.
    Adding the extensions Individually or By Extension Range.

Some PBX's allows you to add the extension numbers automatically as the call
    information arrives on the Call List page. On the 'Extension Configuration' page,
    tick the 'Auto update extension names from PBX call data' option.
    This option must be supported by the PABX unit, please consult your PBX technician.
    Refer to topic : Which pabx's is TNG able to auto update its extensions from?

20200617-TNG-EXT-page.png

Extension configuration page:
20200617-TNG-EXT-config.png

• How do I add an individual (one) extension?

Enter the extension number in the 'Extension' field followed by the extension
    name and department,
    Click on the 'Add' button and then on 'Apply Changes'.
    NB: We do advise that you click on the 'Apply Changes' button frequently
    (perhaps after adding 10 to 15 ext), if you adding more than one extension that is
    not in a range. The reason for this, is that the web browser (e.g. IE) times out
    automatically after 15min and no information is saved.

• How do I add an extension range?

TNG also allows you to add extension numbers by an extension range. You may also add extension ranges per
    department meaning that TNG will add the department name to each extension automatically. Once you have added
    your extension range and selected your department, click on the 'Add range' button.

At the bottom of the 'Extension Configuration page' you will notice a section titled 'Add Extension Range'.
    Here you will enter the range beginning with the first number next to the 'From' section. E.g. 300
    In the 'To' section, enter the last number of the extension range. E.g. 350
    Next to 'Department', enter the department you wish to associate the range to. E.g. Sales.
    TNG will then add all the extension numbers between numbers 300 and 350, with the department 'Sales'
    associated to them.

Please note: It is mandatory to enter a department name and you must be logged into TNG as the Admin user.

• Associating a user name to an extension.

Once you have added all your extension numbers, you may begin associating a user to each extension.

If you click on an extension number you will notice that the entire field for that extension becomes available to edit.
    To add a name, simply remove the existing name which is by default EXT and the extension number and type in the name of
    the person who will be using the extension in its place.
    Do the same for the department if necessary.
    Please remember to click on the 'Apply Changes' button, to save your changes.

• Deleting extension numbers.

If you wish to remove extension numbers from TNG, simply click on the trash can icon next the relevant extension number
    to delete it.

Please remember to click on the 'Apply Changes' button to save your settings before leaving the page.
You can also import the extensions from a file:
Please see forum post: How do I import extensions from a file into TNG?

Please find a detailed TNG installation and user’s guide in the help folder on your TNG CD.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Belinda Frick

Return to Support Archive's (TNG)