No call records loading,but the TNG buffer is connected

Moderators: Leon van Heerden, Luanda_Junzi, Belinda Frick, Lee Hendricks

No call records loading,but the TNG buffer is connected

Postby John Richard Procter » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:11 pm

TNG is not loading any call records, but the TNG buffer is connected and detected.

• Scenario 1:

I am using TNG with the Aristel PABX

When clicking on Buffer Info, the PABX baudrate is 9600.
    When checking in TNG under COMMUNICATION CONFIGURATION, it is 2400.
    When clicking on apply again and then checking Buffer Info, the baudrate shows as 9600.
    When checking the TNG.ini it shows 2400.

Notes:

Aristel send off at 2400. The buffer needs to receive from the PABX at 2400.

Go to COMMUNICATION CONFIGURATION, change the 2400 baudrate to for example 9600 and apply. Thereafter change it back to 2400 and click on apply.

APPLY changes will only take effect if the value is different.

Go to Buffer info again. The PABX baudrate should now be 2400.

• Scenario 2:

Under Windows the buffer is listed under COMPORTS. When I stop the TNG service, I can connect to the buffer with Hyper Terminal / BufTest program and the buffer responds to 'SYS' and 'S' commands, but when the TNG service is started it does not receive any call details (or log rawdata).

To see rawdata, you need to enable it, see forum link:
    How do I enable logging of rawdata?

If you get a response for 'SYS', but not 'S' then the PC can talk to the buffer. But the buffer is not receiving anything from the PABX.

Check the following:

• The serial cable from the PABX to the buffer must be connected securely.

• PABX baud rate:

Make sure that you have the correct baud rate for the PABX selected under 'Communication Configuration' and that the same baud rate is in the TNG ini file.

Note that if the baud rate is already correct under 'Communication Configuration' change it to a different value and click on APPLY. Once saved successfull, change it back to the correct value and click on APPLY. TNG will only update if you click on APPLY and the values was changed.

To change the value in the TNG.ini. You need to stop the TNG service, edit the TNG.ini and then start the TNG service for it to take affect.

• If the serial cable is connected securely and the PABX baudrate is correct, please try and connect the cable to another PC. Open Hyper Terminal to see if you get call details. If not, the problem is either the serial cable or that the PABX is not sending off call details.
  • Scenario 3:

I can talk to the buffer in putty using 'SYS' and 'S', it gives a response. When I start TNG up, the buffer is detected, we the test call is made the buffer's RX and TX light flashes, but I get no call on the Call List page and nothing is written to the rawdata file (rawdata is enabled).

Putty has an option to log all display on the putty screen to a log file:

Right-click on the Window and select 'Change Settings'. Top left under 'Sessions' click on 'Logging'. Then under 'Logging Session' tick 'All Session Output' and APPLY.

PUTTY.jpg

You can configure the output file name and location. This file will show us if any 'funny' characters is send off, which could cause TNG not to 'find' the EOL character. If no EOL char found, then a rawdata string will never be written out and the plugin will also have no string to translate.

You can also use the TestCom program to log the rawdata and control characters - refer to forum post: PABX3 send data to SMDRLink, but SMDRLink does not receive

TNG auto detects the EOL char. You cannot configure it via the webinterface, but you can view the terminating charater in the 'tng.ini' under "SERIALCOMM" as "TermCar".

TNG.ini:
    Code: Select all
    [SERIALCOMM]
    PabxSerialEnabled=1
    TermChar=10
    ComPort=COM1
    PabxBaud=0
    Bits=8
    Parity=N
    Stop=0
    SoftFlow=0
    HardFlow=0
    Baud=9600

NOTE: If you make changes to the ini, you need to stop the TNG service, edit the ini and save, start the TNG service again.

• Scenario 4:

I am running TNG version 1.0.6.0 on a 64-bit Windows 7 PC.

I can talk to the buffer in putty using 'SYS' and 'S', it gives a response. When I start TNG up, the buffer is detected, we the test call is made the buffer's RX and TX light flashes, but I get no call on the Call List page and nothing is written to the rawdata file (rawdata is enabled).

On the 'Settings' page under 'Communication Configuration' it does not display the plugin version. I cannot select the plugin from the drop-down.

Please check the plugin path in the TNG.ini. It should be the 64-bit file path and not the default:
      C:\Program Files\datatex\tng\plugins\

tng.ini:
      Code: Select all
      [PLUGIN]
      localnumber=0215924033
      localcode=021
      countrycode=27
      internationalaccesscode=00
      pluginName=PMitel_3300icp_Certified
      pluginPath=C:\Program Files\datatex\tng\plugins\
      defaultratebook=za_telkom
      swoppinaccount=0
      autoupdatenames=1
      lograwdata=1
      Branch Code=021

Change the "pluginPath" to "C:\Program files (X86)\Datatex\TNG\plugins".

NOTE: If you make changes to the ini, you need to stop the TNG service, edit the ini and save, start the TNG service again.

Log into TNG and now select your plugin, click APPLY. Make a test call and check on the 'Call List' page that it is updating.
  • Scenario 5:

We had a power failure and now my TNG is not loading call details.

Please enable logging of rawdata. If you compare your current rawdata with previous and it has 2 leading numbers followed by a space before your call data string starts, then the buffer now has sequence numbers storing enabled. To disable it you will need to stop the TNG service, connect with Hyperterminal/Putty/PABX3-VT100, type the command 'SQ 0' and enter to disable the sequence number storing. Start the TNG service.

Sequential number storing is not enabled by default. This is set manually.

SQ 0 to disable.
      SQ 1 to enable (NOTE: TNG will not work with this setting).

• Scenario 6:

I upgraded TNG 1.0.7.0 to 1.1.1.11. Now I am not receiving any call details in TNG. I am using a Panasonic TDA PABX.

Please stop the TNG service and connect to the SS-Telecom buffer COM PORT (check COM number in Device Manager) via hyper terminal.

Type "SYS" and enter. SYS will return the buffer info if you are able to communicate TO the buffer.

If you get a reply for 'SYS' in hyperterminal, also enter 'S'. The 'S' command will prompt the buffer to send of a call data string. If no response: you can enter the 'S' command a couple of times, it could be that there are garbage on the buffer and it needs to be dumped before rawdata/SMDR data is sent off.

If you receive funny characters that looks like garbage it could be that the baud rate of the PABX changed. You can test this by connecting the Serial cable direct to a comport. The baud rate you receive the data at is what the PABX baud rate should be set to in TNG. If no data received, your PABX technician must investigate.

To changes the PABX baud rate, log into TNG, select 'General Settings', enter the password. Go to 'Communication Configuration' and set the PABX baud rate. Click on apply changes to save setting. Now check on the Call List page if you have call details.

NOTE: We have had issues with the Panasonic that the PABX baud rate changed or that it sends off garbage (similar to a baud rate change and then change back to original baud rate).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Richard Procter

Return to Support Archive's (TNG)