I am missing a range of calls in my reports

Moderators: Leon van Heerden, Luanda_Junzi, Belinda Frick, Lee Hendricks

I am missing a range of calls in my reports

Postby Belinda Frick » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:47 pm

If you have missing calls, it could be due to:

• The setting for the date-time range for the report could be selected incorrect:
    TNG does not show all calls when pulling reports

• No calls was received from the PABX for this date range.

If log raw data is set to PERMANENT, you can check the LOGS folder if it has the raw.txt file for the date range in question.
    If log raw data was not enabled, you can check the EXPORT folder for pip files for the date range in question.

• The PC was switched of for a period and the buffer reached its call capacity. If the buffer was disconnected from the PC on the PC side and still connected to the PABX, it will have the same result.

To check this go to the folder 'C:\Program Files\datatex\tng\export'. Open the first file created after the 'gap' of missing data. The first entries of this file is the day on which the call capacity was reached, there will be a gap of data if you look at the dates and thereafter it will start logging for the day on which the PC was restarted/buffer connected. The import of data from the buffer will clear space on the buffer and live calls can be loaded on the buffer to be sent to TNG.

• Database corruption

• Note that once call capacity is reached TNG will auto purge the oldest calls from the database.
    If this is what happened, then you should not have any calls for before your date range selected.
    All purged calls is written to the purge folder under the date on which the auto purge took place:
    Code: Select all
    C:\Program Files\datatex\tng\purged

To see if calls was received during this date range:

• Log onto the PC and go to the export folder:
    Windows: C:\Program Files\datatex\tng\export
    Linux : \opt\datatex\tng\export\
  • There will be a date folder/file for each day that calls was received in TNG.
  • Open the export file in a plain text editor and see if it contains any calls.

Note that the date of the entries matched that of the export folder/file. If not this is the problem. We receive the call details from the PABX. If it's time is incorrect, then it will show under the wrong date in TNG. We cannot fix this.

If you find call details for your missing range, it can be re-imported. Please keep in mind the call capacity, see forum post:

How many calls can my TNG handle?

To import the data back into TNG, you have 2 options:

Belinda Frick

Return to Support Archive's (TNG)