How does TNG connect to receive smdr/call data?

Moderators: Leon van Heerden, Luanda_Junzi, Belinda Frick, Lee Hendricks

How does TNG connect to receive smdr/call data?

Postby Belinda Frick » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:58 am

When I draw a report, I get no call details. or My report result is empty/blank/no calls/no data

TNG has three methods of receiving smdr/call data, which is:

Serial connection
    Network connection (connect to TCP IP and port)
    File Reader (input file from specified location)
Your rawdata needs to be accessible via these methods.

• Log into TNG and check if the buffer icon flashes red, if so please see forum post:
    My TNG buffer is not being detected

NOTE: TNG (with buffer) will only load calls if the buffer is connected and detected.

• Go to the 'Call List' page. It will list the last 50 calls for today and yesterday. It uses the PC date and matches it against the call date in the call details. If no calls here then either your PC date is wrong or TNG stopped receiving call details from the PABX.

• If the PC date is correct, then you need to check which method TNG receives call details with:
    TNG Home page, select General Settings icon and enter the technical password.
    Go to Communication Configuration Section and check if network, serial/comport or input file.

• I am missing a range of calls in my reports
Belinda Frick

Re: My report result is empty/blank/no calls

Postby Belinda Frick » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:37 am

NOTE: If you for example selected 'Extension' or 'Users', etc. under 'Optional selection' criteria, you must do the individual selection for that option also - else your report result will be blank.

tng-report-optional selection criteria.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Belinda Frick

Return to Support Archive's (TNG)