TNG 32-Bit USB buffer drivers

Moderators: Leon van Heerden, Luanda_Junzi, Belinda Frick, Lee Hendricks

TNG 32-Bit USB buffer drivers

Postby Belinda Frick » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:31 pm

Download, unrar, password is 'datatex':

usbdrivers-password.rar

NOTE: to have access to the attachment, you need to be registered and logged in.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Belinda Frick

Re: TNG 32-Bit USB buffer drivers

Postby Odette Danster » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:14 pm

To install the usbdrivers, please follow the steps as per document.

TNG driver install on Windows 8 or New buffer.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Odette Danster

Re: TNG 32-Bit USB buffer drivers

Postby Luanda_Junzi » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:16 pm

This driver version was released to accommodate for the Security compliance that windows 8 has incorporated.
NOTE: The TNG service will need to be turned off. If you are unsure about how to stop and start the service follow this link:
How do I stop/start the TNG service in Windows?

1. Access the Device manager and locate the buffer that needs the driver software
    It would be either USB Serial Port / SS-68 Data buffer/ (the device that populates when you plug in the buffer)

2. Right click on that device and “Update driver software”

3. Choose the “Browse my computer for the driver software” then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”

4. This will then open a list of all possible drivers to choose from. Select the option “Next”

5. Now Select option “Have Disk”

6. This will then open a window that will allow you to browse to the folder location where the drivers are located

7. Once you have located the software find the file called “ftdibus.inf”. Select the file and choose “Open”

8. You can now choose “OK” and “Next”.

9. Windows 8 will then state a Warning which just states that the software is not recognised by Windows and that you understand. Just click on “Yes”

10. The Driver will then be installed with the USB section of the software. You will now need to install the Port section of the software which will allocate a COM number to the device e.g USB Serial Port (COM3)

11. Once this process is done, follow steps 1 till 6 again but this time install “ftdiport.inf” and continue the steps to complete the full installation

The device should now have created a COM port as mentioned. Now switch on the TNG service again and log onto TNG :
How do I stop/start the TNG service in Windows?
Luanda_Junzi

Return to Support Archive's (TNG)