No call data on Call List page, buffer's full light flashes

Moderators: Leon van Heerden, Luanda_Junzi, Belinda Frick, Lee Hendricks

No call data on Call List page, buffer's full light flashes

Postby Belinda Frick » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:08 pm

TNG detected the buffer (e.g. found on com3), but it is not loading call data/smdr on the Call List page. The TNG buffer's full light is flashing.

Steps:

1. Stop the TNG service - see forum post: How do I stop/start the TNG service in Windows?
  2. You can use PABX3 or Putty to connect to the COM port the buffer is connected to. You can view the comport number in Windows Device Manager.

• PABX3 is on the TNG install CD in the tools folder. You can copy the entire PABX3 folder from the TNG install CD to the folder: 'C:\Program Files\datatex\'. Go to the PABX3 and double-click on the 'pabx3.exe' file to run it. In the bottom right-hand corner the PABX3 icon will be displayed. Right-click on it and select 'Show'.

tng-pabx3-settings.jpg
      Options -> Communications, select (1-4) or enter the com port number and PC baudrate will be either 9600 or 19200. Click on 'Save' to enable changes made.

If you do not have the TNG install CD, download and unrar the file:
      PABX3.rar

• Now you need to enable logging of rawdata, see forum post:
      Why is my rawdata not logging to file?
    • To communicate with the buffer, click on 'Tools' and then 'VT100' to bring up the following screen:
      tng-pabx3-vt100.jpg

You will not see the commands you type. Do the following in upper case:
      'SYS' and press the enter key - it will give you the settings of the buffer
      'S' and press the enter key - it will show one call record.

• Alternatively you can also use Putty instead of PABX3:

Refer to topic : How do I enable logging of data in Putty?

• If nothing is displayed when entering 'S' then, either the buffer has no data or it has blank records. The best option is then to dump all data via PABX3 to the rawdata file and then import this in TNG. To enable this type the command 'SAD 1' and enter. NOTE: Do not enter 'SAD 1' if you did not enable logging of raw data. If logging of rawdata was not enabled, you will loose all the call details on the buffer.It will then start dumping the data to 'raw.txt file in the folder:
      C:\Program Files\datatex\pabx3\Rawdata
    • Once all the rawdata has been dumped, you need to enable 'SAD 0' again for TNG - else it will not load any calls.
    • Close PABX3 to release the comport for TNG to connect to.
  3. Start the TNG service - see forum post: How do I stop/start the TNG service in Windows?
  4. Log into TNG.
  5. Go to the Call List page and see that it is now updating live. See forum post:
    Buffer detected, no call details on my call list page
  6. Once the live update is working, you can import the raw data file you created with PABX3. See forum post: How do I import rawdata into TNG?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Belinda Frick

Return to Support Archive's (TNG)