display searching for buffer, then cannot display page

Moderators: Leon van Heerden, Luanda_Junzi, Belinda Frick, Lee Hendricks

display searching for buffer, then cannot display page

Postby Belinda Frick » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:04 am

1. Scenario:

I want to move my TNG from one PC to another. After the install, I could login into TNG.

Once I copied the historic data from the old PC (data folder), my TNG starts searching for the buffer and then show 'cannot display page'.

Try the following:

When you copy the data folder from the 'old' PC, ensure that the TNG service is stopped. This will ensure nothing is accessing the data files, therefore ensuring no corruption.

When you copy the data folder to the 'new' TNG PC, ensure that the TNG service is stopped.

Once the copy is complete, start up the TNG service and see if you can now log in. If not, your database is most likely corrupt. You will need to blank it and re-import the call details to have historic call data - see forum post: How do I blank the TNG call details?

2. Scenario:

I changed my user profile on my TNG PC. I am using Windows 7. Thereafter when I log in, the TNG searches for the buffer and then gives the page cannot be displayed message. When I check if the TNG service is running it is stopped.

I did set the recovery mode of the TNG service for first, second and subsequent failure to restart the service - for more details see forum post The TNG services stops, how do I resolve this?.

The TNG service still reacted the same.

When I blanked the TNG database it then started up and I could log into TNG - see forum post:
    How do I blank the TNG call details?
Belinda Frick

Return to Support Archive's (TNG)