TNG vs AMETHYST: call duration

Moderators: Leon van Heerden, Luanda_Junzi, Belinda Frick, Lee Hendricks

TNG vs AMETHYST: call duration

Postby Belinda Frick » Wed May 22, 2013 9:58 am

Issue:

I am using AMETHYST with the AMTMitelCRE recording solution and TNG. If I search for calls in TNG and compare it with the recordings in AMETHYST, the total durations does not match.

Overview:

• TNG receives call details from PABX.
  • AMETHYST receives call details from the recording software (AMTMitelCRE), but the telephone number and call direction is received from AMTMitel.

If the call was not terminated correct (handset put down), then the duration continue to accumulate until the call is terminated with the start of the next call.

It is a know issue with cellular routers that you can get long duration (due to call not being terminated correct). This can be caused by a faulty router, power supply or power source, etc. Check if the long duration calls is on cellular numbers and if you are using cellular routers for cellphone calls.

We receive the call details from the PABX and report it in TNG. There is no fix for this from the TNG side. We just report the call details we receive from the PABX.

TNG has an option to discard long call duration. You can for example configure it to discard all calls with a duration of more than an hour. Refer to forum post: Very long calls reported on my reports
Belinda Frick

Return to Support Archive's (TNG)