Can I upgrade my TNGLive Free to TNG with buffer?

Moderators: Leon van Heerden, Luanda_Junzi, Belinda Frick, Lee Hendricks

Can I upgrade my TNGLive Free to TNG with buffer?

Postby Belinda Frick » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:23 pm

TNGLive(without buffer) runs in 2 modes:

1. Free
  2. Premium
The Free version has limited features.
The Premium is the full TNG version as long as monthly subscription is up to date.

If you purchase a TNGLive with buffer and want to 'upgrade' your TNGLive Free, you need to uninstall TNGLive Free to install TNG with buffer to have the full version. You cannot run an update as it is not the same soft ware. You also need to enter your your serial number on install and install the usb buffer drivers.

No monthly subscription is required. TNGLive will always run in full version, provided the USB Buffer is detected. If the USB buffer is not detected it will work, but run in TNGLive Free mode(limited features) until the buffer is detected again.

TNGLive (with buffer) has an annual subscription fee. The subscription is to allow updates for software version and rates. TNG will not expire if the subscription fee is due.

Steps:

NOTE: If your TNGLive Free version and the TNG with buffer versions you want to install is not the same version, first upgrade your TNGLive Free to the same version.

1. Backup the TNGLive Free:

Stop the TNGLive Free service.
    Make a backup of the tng folder.
    Start the TNGLive Free service

2. Uninstall the TNGLive Free.
    NOTE: Please use the uninstall option and do not just delete the TNG folder. This will cause issues as the TNG service is still installed and running.

3. Delete the tng folder.

4. Install TNG with buffer.
    Make sure the installation is working.

5. If you want the call details and extension/user setup from your TNGLive Free:

Stop the TNG service.
    Copy from the TNGLive Free backup the files in the data folder to 'C:\Program Files\Datatex\tng\data',
    provided they are the same version number.
    Start the TNG service.
Belinda Frick

Return to Support Archive's (TNG)