Poor quality recordings

Amethyst - Advance Call Recording Solution(Trunk,Extension, VoIP and clientside) with Agent Quality Management and 3rd party integration SDK

Moderators: Leon van Heerden, Luanda_Junzi, Belinda Frick, Lee Hendricks

Poor quality recordings

Postby CQSTechnology » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:58 am

Hi,

I will double check the connections today, but I have reset these lines in the past without any resolution.
The calls sound perfect over the phone itself, only once the recording is played back, do we find the quality issue.

Only ext 0156 was punched recently if I remember correctly.
All the extensions are digital as well.

All extensions are on card slot 4004 with channels 20 (ext 0107), 30 (0117), 35 (0156).

Dear Nish

Noise on recordings is most of the time a 'bad' connection, which relates to the cabling/wiring.

If the noise is there while the agent is on the conversation, then it can be a problem at the handset/headset. Please make a test call from the extension to rule this out.

The extensions you mentioned, where they punched first or with the last session?

Also check the extensions you mentioned and confirm that they are analog or digital (you can check the card that is recording it when you look at the channel mapping for that extension under 'Configure Cardserver/CRE'). I am asuming it is the analog extensions - please confirm.

Thanks

Belinda
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CQSTechnology

Re: Poor quality recordings

Postby Belinda Frick » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:34 pm

If when on the conversation there are no sound issues, then it is a cabling issue on the recording side.

You only need to remove and re-connect the cabling on the recording server side (on the KRONO).

NOTE: at your site the wires from the the recording cable is solid core and is thicker than the normal telephone cables. You need to re-punch as explained by our technician when he was onsite: First connect the recording wires and thereafter the extension wires to ensure the connection between the wires are secure - else the thicker wires can cause issues.
Belinda Frick

Return to Amethyst