Amesthyst disk space

Amethyst - Advance Call Recording Solution(Trunk,Extension, VoIP and clientside) with Agent Quality Management and 3rd party integration SDK

Moderators: Leon van Heerden, Luanda_Junzi, Belinda Frick, Lee Hendricks

Amesthyst disk space

Postby byajc1 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:45 am

Hi there

amethyst is running out of space in the current database backup disk
all the time. So we requested for additional HDD of 500GB.
I tried to go through but I can't see the new HDD after all the process of adding a new one. Do you have any idea of what can be done since this is very much needed?
Your help will be very much appreciated.
byajc1

Re: Amesthyst disk space

Postby Belinda Frick » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:27 pm

I require some more information before I can assist you.

Please check which drive is running out of space - refer to forum post:
How do I check disk space available on AMETHYST server?

• If it is the archive drive and you archive to harddrive (earlier versions removeable drive and currently replace with USB drive) see forum post for steps:
    How do I install a new external/usb archive drive?

• If it is the exclusive drive, then AMETHYST will not be able to load any new recordings into the AMETHYST database until space available. If the exclusive drive is full the recordings will be kept on the database drive until this is also full. You will start to loose recordings once the PC on which the recording solution runs is running out of space.

You have 2 options: either do a purge of older recordings(only archived recordings will be purged) or add additional storage (exclusive drive). I will give more details once you help confirm which drive is full.

Please attached the following:
  1. screenshot of available disk space. The result of the 'Check Available Disk Space' will also show diskspace and which drives are being detected by AMETHYST.
  2. result of 'TEST CONNECTIONS' under 'Configure Archiving' on the Webadmin Home page.
  3. to the Webadmin log file for yesterday. To download the log file see forum post:
    How to download logs from amethyst web admin.
Belinda Frick

Postby byajc1 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:06 pm

Hi there Belinda,

My case here is like this:

We have an external hard drive of 160Gb that was supplied with the system when we installed
this recording, now that it get full every after 60 days we inquired an external HDD of 500Gb "USB Drive" and we want to use it as an archive drive.
The other thing the forum post says is that I must lock it first and yet my new USB drive has no where to lock!!! How do I then lock it???
Please help me insert the USB drive and make it work as an archive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
byajc1

Postby Belinda Frick » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:04 pm

In the post How do I install a new external/usb archive drive? the section "Installing the archive drive:" has an entry for either Removeable or USB drive. The locking does not refer to your configuration of the USB archive drive.

The file attached was the amtserver log, I need the amtwebadmin log file to assist.
Belinda Frick

Postby byajc1 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:18 pm

Good afternoon Belinda.

Please find attached is the amtwebadmin as requested.

Thanks,

Jean Claude
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
byajc1

Postby Belinda Frick » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:00 pm

The AMETHYST webadmin logs shows a problem with the database. The errors is logged when the auto purge should take place (each night at 00h00):

Code: Select all
[2012-08-07 00:00:04]  Version [1.6.3.18]Auto Purge, Error selecting records : database file appears corrupt ()
wrong page type
page 65292 is of wrong type (expected 7, found 5)

NOTE: Only archived recordings will be purged to free exclusive drive space for new recordings to be loaded into the AMETHYST database. If the auto purge cannot take place, you can also run into space issues.

Errors were also logged when the auto archive should start at 21h00:

Code: Select all
[2012-08-07 21:00:02]  Version [1.6.3.18]Archiving started (PID 4735)
[2012-08-07 21:22:30]  Version [1.6.3.18] Recording /mnt/drive2/exclusive/20110215/004_07db0e9e4b188 specified in /opt/amethyst/bin/hdd/change.log-ac was not found
[2012-08-07 21:22:42]  Version [1.6.3.18] Recording /mnt/drive2/exclusive/20110215/004_07db0e9e4b188 specified in /opt/amethyst/bin/hdd/change.log-1 was not found
[2012-08-07 21:24:27]  Version [1.6.3.18]Done archiving (PID 4735)

Datatex support will need to login in and investigate. Most likely we need to do a backup and restore of the database. If done during recording hours, it will influence call details for recordings(if extension side recording, then 'EXT' as extension number). Please supply recording hours as it will influence the quote(outside office hours).

I will ask Sales to send you a quote for a remote call out.

We will need SSH access to the AMETHYST server. See section 'Remote Maintenance Requirements' in forum post: AMETHYST: Remote Monitoring and Maintenance
Belinda Frick

Postby Belinda Frick » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:06 pm

The quote for remote call out has been forwarded to you. Once accepted and remote access as per our requirements are in place, we will schedule log in time to investigate.
Belinda Frick

Postby byajc1 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:14 am

Good morning Belinda.

It has been so long awaiting on reply to my case.

Now I have a new problem, I started talking about space and how we can extend the current space
of which I am still waiting for the reply from your side.
Note: I now can't find recordings under supervisor to be listened.
I am also worried about when I click to see the current recordings in " Configure Recorded Devices
". See What I have in the attached prt Sc here. You can't also see the extension numbers and the time is outdated to 1899 30 december.
Kindly Advise on what to do as this is an urgent.

Jean Claude
byajc1

Postby byajc1 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:32 am

In Addition of what I just sayed in the previous post.

See the attached prt sc:....
byajc1

Postby Belinda Frick » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:53 pm

For future reference please create a new post for a new topic.

The information displayed on the Supervisor 'View Agents' screen is updated via the network. If this information is corrupted the only way to clear the display, is to stop/start the amtserver.

Please do this outside recording hours as it will affect the call details attached to the recording. 'SMDRLink' sends the call details to 'amtserver' and it sends it to 'amtcards' to tie to the recording.

To stop the amtserver, log into AMETHYST webadmin. On the Home page, click on the 'stop server' link (top right hand block). Once stopped it will display 'start server'.

To start the amtserver, click on the 'start server' link (top right hand block).

Now log into AMETHYST Supervisor and go to the 'View Agents' screen. The display should be cleared and re-populate as recordings take place.
Belinda Frick

Next

Return to Amethyst