Error message: end_request: I/O error, dev sdg, sector 95

Amethyst - Advance Call Recording Solution(Trunk,Extension, VoIP and clientside) with Agent Quality Management and 3rd party integration SDK

Moderators: Leon van Heerden, Luanda_Junzi, Belinda Frick, Lee Hendricks

Error message: end_request: I/O error, dev sdg, sector 95

Postby debbief » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:48 am

Hi there

i am getting the following error message:

amethyst kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev sdg, sector 95

when I try and search on your forum to see how to fix this it tells me that there is nothing for the sdg part of the error on file, so please tell me what this is and how to fix it. Is this something we can fix or do you need to assist us, and if you need to assist then I will need a quote first please
debbief

Re: Error message: end_request: I/O error, dev sdg, sector 9

Postby Odette Danster » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:57 am

Dear Debbie/Luan

Please log into AMETHYST WebAdmin and select 'Available Diskspace' from the Home page. Also include a screenshot of the error message or download the log file from Administrator.

Refer to forum post: critical mail: ...kernel: ...I/O error, dev sdf

Kind Regards
Odette
Odette Danster

Postby Belinda Frick » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:22 pm

If you cannot access the AMETHYST server via webadmin or supervisor, please check if you can ping the server IP. If the server is still on, please place a screen on the server and if any message post it for us.

In the mean time I will ask Sales to forward you a quote for a standard 2 hour call out to investigate what the issue could be.

For a remote call out we will need SSH access to the AMETHYST server. For access required please see forum post: AMETHYST: Remote Monitoring and Maintenance
Belinda Frick

Postby debbief » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:01 pm

I have attached the screen shot as requested
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
debbief

Postby Belinda Frick » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:33 pm

1. On the screenshot of 'Available Disk Space' it does not list the archive drive. Archive drive can be a USB drive connected to the AMETHYST server or a NFS/Windows Share on the same network. You can check this configuration under 'Configure Archiving'.

There is also a Test Connections option to test if AMETHYST can see the archive drive/location. Please check if a archive drive is available.

2. You have exclusive drive and database drive space. If recordings are taking place you should be able to load them from the Cardserver to AMETHYST and access them in Supervisor - unless you have licensing issues.

Can you access today's recordings in AMETHYST Supervisor?
Belinda Frick

Return to Amethyst