INSUFFICIENT FREE SPACE TO MAKE DATABASE BACKUP: I/O ERROR

Amethyst - Advance Call Recording Solution(Trunk,Extension, VoIP and clientside) with Agent Quality Management and 3rd party integration SDK

Moderators: Leon van Heerden, Luanda_Junzi, Belinda Frick, Lee Hendricks

INSUFFICIENT FREE SPACE TO MAKE DATABASE BACKUP: I/O ERROR

Postby homechoiceTS » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:43 pm

Amethyst [Disk Free Space] - Mozilla Firefox_2013-08-05_16-49-09.png
Amethyst [Disk Free Space] - Mozilla Firefox_2013-08-05_16-49-09.png
To the Amethyst critical administrator

Amethyst has experienced some critical errors.
Critical errors should be investigated and must never be ignored.

--------------------- CRITICAL ERRORS START HERE ---------------------
2013-08-05 16:19:51 2013-08-05 16:19:51 ARCHIVE ERROR: INSUFFICIENT FREE SPACE TO MAKE DATABASE BACKUP: I/O ERROR
2013-08-05 16:19:51 2013-08-05 16:19:51 ARCHIVE ERROR: ERROR COPYING DATABASE TO ARCHIVE DRIVE: OPERATION NOT PERMITTED

---------------------- CRITICAL ERRORS END HERE ----------------------

Please assist Urgently
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
homechoiceTS

Re: INSUFFICIENT FREE SPACE TO MAKE DATABASE BACKUP: I/O ERR

Postby Belinda Frick » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:07 pm

Your exclusive drives are full.

AMETHYST cannot process any recordings from the Database drive to the Exclusive drives.

You can see the space available on the Database drive is 7,2 GIG.

This space is used to backup and restore the database for archiving. You need 3 times the database size to do the backup and restore. To check the size of your database please see forum post:
How do I check the size of my database?

You need to archive the recordings on the exclusive drive, so that they can be purged to free space to move the recordings in the database drive to the exclusive drive.

Archiving cannot take place due to space issues on the exclusive drive.

You have 2 options:

1. Change the days to keep alive to less than 365 and do a manual purge to free space on the Exclusive drive. The recordings can then sweep to the exclusive drive and free space on the database drive so that archiving can take place.
  2. Purchase additional exclusive drive space.
Belinda Frick

Postby Belinda Frick » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:06 am

Due to the size of your database (last issue logged it was about 8 GIG) it is very important that your archiving is always up to date. If archiving unsuccessful then those recordings cannot be purged from the exclusive drive to maintain the set days to keep alive period and you will run into space issues.

Also note that if your call volume increased(more recordings), then you need more space on the Exclusive drives to maintain the same days to keep alive.

Quickest solution is to configure the days to keep alive to less number of days and do a manual purge:
Purging recording from Amethyst 1.5/1.6

To see the oldest date of recording in your database you can use the same report as when checking the size of the database - refer to forum post: How do I check the size of my database?

You need to decide what to do urgently.

AMETHYST are making recordings and these will continue to be sent to the Database drive. The 7,2 GIG space will fill up until 1 GIG is left and then the ftp will stop. Recordings will stay on the Cardserver. If no space available on the Cardserver, you will start to loose recordings.

You can do another Available Diskspace check to see the current state.
Belinda Frick

Postby Belinda Frick » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:30 am

Luyanda

Please check the following:

1. if the archiving completed successfully - you can check this in the admin log - refer to post:
    How do I know my archive/archiving was successfull?

2. Also check the Available Disk Space - refer to forum post:
    How do I check disk space available on AMETHYST server?

3. If recordings are sweeping:

Use the ‘Configure Recorded Devices’ and check the date next to the extension.
    Use the ‘View Call History’ to see number of call loaded in last hour, last 2 hours, etc.

Note: for both options you need to login and it is not a live update. The page will time out after 15 minutes.
Belinda Frick

Return to Amethyst