Amethyst Archiving and Auto Purging

Amethyst - Advance Call Recording Solution(Trunk,Extension, VoIP and clientside) with Agent Quality Management and 3rd party integration SDK

Moderators: Leon van Heerden, Luanda_Junzi, Belinda Frick, Lee Hendricks

Amethyst Archiving and Auto Purging

Postby warren » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:14 am

1. Archiving
As a result of multi-Server and Domain upgrade, we would like to re archive the period 11/07/2012 to 01/09/2013. I have since configured a USB Drive using mkdosfs and via WebAdmin Version 1.6.4.17 changed archiving from NFS to LOCAL. A manual archive was initiated which successfully started archiving from 26/01/2010 then stopped at 15/02/2010. I discovered, with the assistance of your Support Team that the drive had hard errors. The faulty drive was replaced with a 2TB drive which was split and commenced with archiving, however only the current days archiving gets backed up.
When checking the System Status, it has the Oldest Recording as 26/01/2010 which reflects in our attached System Status Report.
Question: Why will archiving not start from where it stopped (i.e. 15/02/2010) when it had the hard errors, more importantly is there a way of changing the Oldest Recording date to 11/07/2012

2. Auto Purge
We receive the following message : [b]Auto Purge, Error selecting records : size of optimizer block exceeded
I have changed the “Days to Keep Live” as suggested on your Forum, but still keep getting the message.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
warren

Re: Amethyst Archiving and Auto Purging

Postby Belinda Frick » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:25 pm

1. The re-archive is not a feature of AMETHYST.

Switching between archive options, could be why the archiving is not registering the entire date period. For example if you use the harddrive/local option and you switch to Windows Share or NFS, it will stop logging what must be archived to harddrive and only monitor for using the Network option. If you then switch back to harddrive, it will start to archive to harddrive from where you last successful archive stopped for the network option.

I have put in a request for you.

2. We must first sort out the archiving, before we can do the purge.

For which period will you set 'days to keep alive'?
Belinda Frick

Postby warren » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:45 am

Thank you for putting in a request for a solution for the archiving.

As for Auto Purging we would like to keep at least 3 years, but if I understand archiving correctly then we could make it less, what I don't understand is if a Supervisor needs to listen to an archived recording is it a simple procedure?(to my knowledge, never had to)
warren

Postby warren » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:56 am

Are there any suggestions?
warren

Postby Belinda Frick » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:22 am

Currently the auto purge is not enabled.

Your status reports shows that the oldest recording in the database is 2010-01-26. Your live database has recordings for the last 3 years.

If the recordings you require is newer than 2010-01-26, you can access it via Supervisor. It will also be on the archive drive, but the Supervisor option is quicker to use as all is in place. Note that the Supervisor you use to search with must have access to the user name for the recordings you require - for supervisor access please see forum post: How do I add/configure a Supervisor?

I will follow up regarding the request.
Belinda Frick

Return to Amethyst