How do I add a handset for AMTMitelCRE 1.6.4+ for recording?

All documents from the original Software Support Library (SSL)

Moderators: Leon van Heerden, Luanda_Junzi, Belinda Frick, Lee Hendricks

How do I add a handset for AMTMitelCRE 1.6.4+ for recording?

Postby Belinda Frick » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:26 pm

Question:

I am using AMETHYST with Mitel and AMTMitelCRE recording version 1.6.4 +.
How do I add a handset for recording?

Requirements:

AMETHYST and AMTMitelCRE version 1.6.4 and higher, has a new feature where the extensions configured on the Mitel Border Gateway (MBG) or Secure Recording Connector (SRC) will auto update to AMETHYST. No configuration is required on the AMETHYST side.

NOTE: Since the list of Mitel devices are automatically updated, if you have more Mitel devices configured on the MBG/SRC than you have Amethyst licenses, you will have a license overrun. The first extensions coming through will be loaded into AMETHYST. You will get an Amethyst error message for the overrun.

To check number of AMETHYST agent licenses refer to 'To check number of agent licenses in AMETHYST' in the 'Trouble Shooting' section in forum post: AMETHYST 1.6.4 and AMTMitelCRE auto update MSL extensions

Configuration required:

Extensions must be configured to point to the SRC IP. Once configured it will list on the MSL under MiNet devices and auto update to AMETHYST for recording(within AMETHYST agent licenses available).

For more details refer to 'Configuring phones to point to the MBG/SRC:' under 'Troubleshooting:' section in forum post: AMETHYST 1.6.4 and AMTMitelCRE auto update MSL extensions

To add/change the user names, refer to 'To show the usernames for the extension, you need to configure it on the Mitel Phone book:' under 'Troubleshooting:' section in forum post:
AMETHYST 1.6.4 and AMTMitelCRE auto update MSL extensions

Once you have configured a phone, please make a test call and do a playback in Supervisor to ensure it is recording and the recording is audible.
Belinda Frick

Re: How do I add a handset for AMTMitelCRE 1.6.4+ for record

Postby Belinda Frick » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:16 pm

To remove an extension from recording, you need to point the phone to the Controller instead of SRC and then unconfigure the extension as a recorded device on the MSL/MBG.
Belinda Frick

Return to Support Archive's (Amethyst)