CRE recording: I need to move the servers

All documents from the original Software Support Library (SSL)

Moderators: Leon van Heerden, Luanda_Junzi, Belinda Frick, Lee Hendricks

CRE recording: I need to move the servers

Postby Belinda Frick » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:34 am

The servers must be shutdown during the interface to ensure they are not compromised - if you flip the power switch it is the same as a power cut/load shedding and the servers or files may damage.

CRE recording can use 1 to 3 servers, depending on the recording solution:
  1. AMETHYST, CRE and MBG on one server
  2. AMETHYST and CRE on one server and the MBG on a second.
  3. AMETHYST, CRE and MBG each on a seperate server.

Shutdown:

If virtual servers the IT Support needs to shut down the servers in their virtual environment.
First shutdown the server via the interface if it has the option: AMETHYST Webadmin and MBG Webadmin.
Once shutdown via the webadmin interface, IT Support can shut the host down via the virtual software.

• AMETHYST:

How do I shut down/restart the AMETHYST server?

• CRE server:

If virtual servers the IT Support needs to shut down the servers in their virtual environment.

If physical machine Datatex needs to log onto the server and shut it down. Alternatively if late at night organize with Datatex to run a job to shutdown server on agreed date and time:
    Code: Select all
    at -f /sbin/halt -t 201504190200

NOTE: You need to power down the server once shut down of OS completed. Give at least 5 minutes after shut down time before powering it down.

• MBG:

Mitel: How do I shutdown the MSL?

NOTE:

1. CRE recording is dependent on voice traffic.
    Make sure you re-connect the servers to the network correct so that we receive audio from the MBG to record.
Belinda Frick

Return to Support Archive's (Amethyst)