Access Violation message when opening Report

Web based, multi-user, Telephone Management System with budget management and barring control

Moderators: Leon van Heerden, Luanda_Junzi, Belinda Frick, Lee Hendricks

Access Violation message when opening Report

Postby Vishen » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:28 pm

Hi Support ,

I am getting a ' Access violation " message when I try to open any reports.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vishen

Re: Access Violation message when opening Report

Postby Odette Danster » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:09 pm

Dear Vishen

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the delay in response to your query.

The error message usually points to one of the below:
1. permission - Windows User account does not have permission to access the TNG directory, or
2. the TNG installation was not run as the 'administrator' account, or
3. the directory or tng.exe already existed and another user account has access over it.

Kindly request that your IT department allow full access rights to your windows user account to the Datatex directory. Please right-click on the "Datatex" folder and un-tick the 'read-only' option. Now you may save/confirm the attribute changes by selecting "Apply changes to this folder, sub-folder and files".

The 'read-only' option should now be un-ticked. In your web browser, open the TNG webpage and check if you are able to log into the software. The default username is - admin & and password is - datatex.

Please let us know if you might experience any further issues. Our support helpline number is 086 111 4351 or simply reply to this forum post.

Kind Regards
Odette
Odette Danster

Return to TNG